CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building)
QBCC Licence – Builder low rise (QLD)
The CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (QBCC Licence – Builder Low Rise (QLD) is funded by the Queensland Government, under the Higher Level Skills training program. You must be eligible to enrol into this subsidised program. See eligibility on opposite page.
Complete the qualification using flexible delivery options such as:
- Start and complete learning at any time to suit your family, lifestyle and work commitments. You choose where, when and how much you want to learn, set your own learning goals and scheduling
- It is anticipated that it may take you upto 12 months to complete the distance learning program
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL). Get your prior knowledge and skills recognised
- Class room theory lessons conducted weekly at Toowomba and Springfield
On successful completion of the training package rules, you will be awarded with a qualification testamur and a record of results.
Staysafe Industry Training is responsible for the quality of training and assessment to comply with the Australian Qualification Skills Authority standards. Where deemed competent in the CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building), you will be awarded with a qualification testamur and record of results.
You have the opportunity of more than one re-attempt at assessment should the decision be not yet satisfactory or not yet competent, however, if you are not happy with the final outcome of assessment, you are entitled to access the complaints and appeals process indicated under the home tab.
Prior to enrolment, download a copy of the student handbook where you will find information on our refunds policy and procedure, page 15 and complaints and appeals policy on page 16 of the handbook. These policies are also available as a download under the home tab. In addition, download a copy of the learner rights information under the home tab on our website, which indicates what will happen should Staysafe Industry Training not be able to provide the agreed services you have enrolled into.
Educational support services available to you includes: Language, Literacy and numeracy (LLN) such as an LLN assessment, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), Credit Transfer (CT), Reasonable adjustment of Assessment, Customisation and contextualisation of the Qualification and one on one mentoring.
For non eligible students who do not meet the requirements of the funding eligibility, a deposit of $1000 will be due at enrolment with the balance of the course fee paid in installments over the duration of the program. A payment plan with due dates will be given to you at enrolment along with an invoice for the total amount in arrears.
For students who are eligible to be funded under the Higher Level Skills program, a co-contribution fee for funded Non-concessional student is $240.00 ($15.00 per unit) and a funded concessional student is $120.00 ($7.50 per unit) which is due at enrolment.
Download a copy of the student handbook so that you can view our policies and procedures including our complaints and appeals policy page 16, refunds policy page 15. Also, refer to the refunds page under the home tab.
This qualification meets the requirements of the:
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission
• ACTPLA (ACT),
• Workplace Standards Tasmania (TAS)
• Office of Fair Trading (NSW)
• Office of Consumer and Business Affairs (SA)
• Victorian Building Commission (VIC)
• Building Practitoners Board (NT)
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills subsidised program, you must:
- Be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- Permanently reside in Queensland
- Be an Australian Citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- Not hold, and not be enrolled in, a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
- Hold a trade qualification (Certificate III) in the Construction industry.
How to enrol online
Part 1 -Verification of identity. It is a requirement to submit two forms of ID to verify your identity and eligibiity into this program. You can upload your identity files through the form.
Part 2 – Pre-enrolment declaration: The information in this form is to ensure that you have either read, been informed and directed to information prior to enrolment which you are required to have knowledge of and be able to download, print or view from the Staysafe Website.Input your name and check the relevant boxes against each question.
Part 3 – After you have completed parts 1 & 2 of the pre and enrolment process, take the skills assessment to determine your level of experience
Part 4 – Complete part 3 enrolment form and pay your student fees. An email will be automatically generated and sent to email@example.com and to your nominated email.
In addition, download a copy of the CPC40110 unit checklist which indicates the core and elective units towards the qualification.