BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business (QBCC approved managerial course)
Staysafe Industry Training are proud recipients of Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding for the BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business.
A student contribution fee of $55.00 is required prior to completion of the course. CSQ subsidy maximum amount is $360.00 per eligible participant. This program starts on 01 October 2017 and ends on 30 September 2018.
This course is Class based only. Days are flexible which includes, Saturday and Sunday.
Staysafe Industry Training is responsible for the quality of training and assessment to comply with the Australian Qualification Skills Authority standards. Where deemed competent in the BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business, will be awarded with a statement of attainment in partial completion of the CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building).
You have the opportunity of more than one re-attempt at assessment should the decision be not yet satisfactory or not yet competent, however, if you are not happy with the final outcome of assessment, you are entitled to access the complaints and appeals process indicated under the home tab.
Prior to enrolment, download a copy of the student handbook where you will find information on our refunds policy and procedure, page 15 and complaints and appeals policy on page 16 of the handbook. These policies are also available as a download under the home tab. In addition, download a copy of the learner rights information under the home tab on our website, which indicates what will happen should Staysafe Industry Training not be able to provide the agreed services you have enrolled into.
Educational support services available to you includes: Language, Literacy and numeracy (LLN) such as an LLN assessment, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), Credit Transfer (CT), Reasonable adjustment of Assessment, Customisation and contextualisation of the Qualification and one on one mentoring.
The QBCC approved managerial course is broken down into 4 parts and covers content such as:
- Researching and investigating the right business structure for your business needs
- Taxation requirements and other compliance requirements
- Contracts including commercial property lease agreements and insurance needs
- Analysis of external and internal risks to business
The class based course, will take you through the student workbook and activities as well as a theory and practical assessment.
To obtain a trade contractor, site supervisor or nominee supervisor license, you will need to take a copy of your Certificate III qualification and small business management course statement of attainment to QBCC with the required application and fees.
Eligibility criteria for Construction Skills Queensland subsidy
To be eligible to access Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) programs participants can be either an existing who has a one month or more employment relationship with their Employer. The working relationship can be built up through full-time, part-time or casual employment or engagement as a contract worker, an eligible worker; or an unemployed eligible worker who has been unemployed for a period of not greater than 6 months that would otherwise meet the requirements of an eligible worker and;
- Must be a permanent resident of Queensland or be permanently employed in Queensland
- Must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a holder of a refugee or humanitarian visa
- Must not be an employee of any Authority, (excluding employees of an Indigenous Council that is a Principal Contractor), or an apprentice or trainee as defined in the Further Education and Training Act 2014 or currently enrolled and participating in a school program or contracted trainers and assessors or existing workers of any RTO or already funded by an Authority or other such source for delivery of the same training being undertaken as part of this program ; those Participants seeking a Verification of Competency (or Determination of Competency) services.
Download a copy of the student handbook at enrolment so that you can view our policies and procedures including our complaints and appeals policy page 16, refunds policy page 15. Also, refer to the refunds page under the home tab. In addition, read the information on Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) subsidy amounts for the short courses on pages 7-9 of the handbook.
How to enrol into the QBCC approved managerial course
This course is class based. There is no limit on the number of students per class, no waiting till class numbers fill, book in a day and time that suits you. I will travel to where you are to deliver training. Training can be done during the week or on weekends. Classes are usually one on one. It will take one day to go through the assessment activities and final assessment. On successful completion of the course you will receive a statement of attainment via email and a printed copy is sent out to you in the mail.
How to enrol
Download the PDF fillable enrolment form, SAVE it to your downloads before completing the form. If you do not SAVE the form, you will lose the information in the form and will have to start again. Complete all fields in the form. Print, sign, date and return to email@example.com
Fields which are overlooked in the enrolment form are
- employer details
- length of time with your employer
- If you are self employed put in your business name, address, email and mobile
- town of birth
- year completed school
- whether you have achieved previous qualifications
- years in the construction industry
- USI information
- acknowledgement boxes in the privacy statement
- bank card details so that the student contribution fee of $90.00 can be taken or pay on invoice.
Complet the online skills assessment and submit
If you do not pay at enrolment that is fine, however, payment of the student contribution fee will need to be paid prior to issue of your qualification.
If you do not have a unique student identifier number, there is a section where you can authorise Staysafe to create one on your behalf.
If you do have a USI number please find it and include in the enrolment form
The form is to be downloaded, signed, dated and returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Verification of Identity – You will upload a copy of the front and back of your drivers licence and medicare card as proof that you live permanently in Queensland
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) subsidy amount per participant
Each eligible participant will be subsidised by CSQ at the total amount of $360.00
A student contribution fee of $55.00 is required prior to completion of the course. A statement of attainment will not be issued until the student contribution fee has been paid.
Student contribution fees will be refunded in accordance with our policy and procedure on page 15 of the student handbook.